Finally posting some other new things I’ve made this year…
Item 1; a love floaty top for summer. Actually to be specific, I think this is the dress version of the pattern! however it’s kinda short on me thus I am wearing it with a skirt here. And I will probably choose to wear it with shorts over summer.
The pattern is the new pattern by Original Digby patterns, the Julie blouse and dress… it’s so pretty isn’t it? I absolutely love it! I kinda want to rush out and buy prettier fabric in like a softer colour, or even something printed, like a floral or something; but you know. Stash busting is still going on over here. Anyway.
So, this is the longest version of the pattern. I added inseam side pockets, just because I like to have them in everything nowadays and am not readily prepared to go without. My fabric is a very lightweight cotton, I think originally from a Morrison seconds sale. It’s quite good for the design, but maybe not strictly “flowy” enough for those lovely softly gathered panels. I think in a very lightweight chiffon or crepe the gathers would fall and flutter beautifully. However I am still very happy!
I hand-stitched the button loop as instructed, and think this looks really nice; however to be honest I’m able to just slip the dress straight over my head, with no need to unbutton. It’s ok thought, because I can appreciate the long slit and button makes the back yoke look more interesting. The instructions for constructing this bit was really good and I enjoyed the lovely clean finish both inside and out that you get at the end of it.
The sleeve pieces are absolutely massive and the result is lovely in my opinion! a very pretty, half pirate-y, half mediaeval sort of effect!
Just secretly, although I am putting this out on the internet, hehe, for the whole world to read should they so choose! but still; just secretly…. I have started doing some embroidery on the yoke. I saw this embroidery design on Etsy and got inspired enough to purchase, ahem. I’ve made a small start. Hmmm. This might take me a while.
Item 2; hehe, I just realised the skirt I’m wearing is as yet unblogged too! It’s just one of the test runs for our new skirt pattern, due to be released very soon, we hope! The Batman cotton drill is from Spotlight, and was leftover for a cushion I made for Theo when he was a tiny bub.
The skirt is fully lined and is a joy to wear. More on our new pattern in a very short space of time, I hope! I think it’s a terrific basic and one I’ve made and wear a lot.
I’m wearing it with a very old T-shirt made absolute yonks ago…
Finally; another Perth shirt, which is of course our first pattern. This one I made longer, in a tunic length with a curved hemline, and made the sleeves longer and with a buttoned placed and cuff. Very simple and basic modifications but I really like how they make the style look. It’s possible that one of these days I’ll get enthusiastic enough to make this a legit and available modification to our pattern, but maybe not. I have so many design ideas in my head!
I made this one from leftover linen, from my stash, obviously. I first intended this to be worn underneath my ghost horses jumper, blogged here, but actually the other shirt looked nicer underneath, the sleeves of this one don’t poke out enough from the jumper sleeves. No matter! I’m very happy with this new Perth in my wardrobe too!
It’s hard to believe, but I STILL have as yet unblogged things to share here! Until then, mwaaah!